By William Logan,Máiréad Nic Craith,Ullrich Kockel
- Outlines the major topics of study, together with cultural protection, environmental safeguard, international history and tourism, ethics, and human rights
- Accessibly prepared right into a big framework-setting essay by way of the editors by way of 3 sections on increasing, utilizing and abusing, and recasting heritage
- Provides a state of the art advisor to rising traits within the box that's that's international in scope, cross-cultural in concentration and important in approach
- Features contributions from a world array of students, together with a few with huge adventure in history perform via UNESCO international history Centre, ICOMOS, and nationwide history systems
Read Online or Download A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
A lot orthodox fiscal concept relies on assumptions that are taken care of as self-evident: offer and insist are considered as autonomous entities, the person is believed to be a rational agent who is aware his pursuits and the way to make judgements resembling them, etc. yet one has simply to check an monetary transaction heavily, as Pierre Bourdieu does the following for the trading of homes, to work out that those summary assumptions can't clarify what occurs in fact.
This publication recuperates the real heritage that Haitian proposal round Vodou ownership has had in French severe concept. the writer takes the interval of the Thirties and ‘40s, because the centerfold of a extra complicated community of family that locations Haiti as one of many pivots of a extra elevated highbrow dialog round “possession,” which hyperlinks anthropology, literature, psychoanalysis, human rights, and visible arts in France, Haiti, and the USA.
`A polished piece of labor which takes a funky and dispassionate examine culture. .. Meticulous and insightful' - Jim McGuigan, Professor of Cultural research, college of LoughboroughThis illuminating booklet, which explores the belief of subcultures, strains the concept that again to its foundations within the works of Tonnies and Durkheim and, to a lesser measure, Marx and Weber.
Anthropologist-historian James Diego Vigil distills a big volume of knowledge to supply a perceptive ethnohistorical creation to the Mexican-American adventure within the usa. He makes use of short, transparent outlines of every degree of Mexican-American historical past, charting the tradition switch sequences within the Pre-Columbian, Spanish Colonial, Mexican Independence and Nationalism, and Anglo-American and Mexicanization sessions.
- Kulturexport, -austausch oder Dialog der Kulturen? Eine Erörterung auswärtiger Kulturpolitik zwischen Anspruch und Wirklichkeit am Beispiel der Rolle der Medien (German Edition)
- Morte E Progresso (Prismas) (Portuguese Edition)
- Caring Democracy: Markets, Equality, and Justice
- Landscapes of Devils: Tensions of Place and Memory in the Argentinean Chaco
- Violence and Sex Work in Britain
- The Nature of Literary Response: Five Readers Reading
Additional info for A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by William Logan,Máiréad Nic Craith,Ullrich Kockel