By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st entire connection with the anthropological examine of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational idea and study in enterprise has followed anthropology’s key proposal of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic ways to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of firm agencies and of non-governmental organisations operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined contain organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive versions and group construction, organizational dysfunctions, international networked firms, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
A lot orthodox monetary thought is predicated on assumptions that are taken care of as self-evident: provide and insist are considered as self sufficient entities, the person is believed to be a rational agent who is familiar with his pursuits and the way to make judgements akin to them, and so forth. yet one has purely to check an fiscal transaction heavily, as Pierre Bourdieu does right here for the trading of homes, to determine that those summary assumptions can't clarify what occurs actually.
This booklet recuperates the real background that Haitian notion round Vodou ownership has had in French serious thought. the writer takes the interval of the Nineteen Thirties and ‘40s, because the centerfold of a extra complicated community of family members that locations Haiti as one of many pivots of a extra improved highbrow dialog round “possession,” which hyperlinks anthropology, literature, psychoanalysis, human rights, and visible arts in France, Haiti, and the USA.
`A polished piece of labor which takes a funky and dispassionate examine tradition. .. Meticulous and insightful' - Jim McGuigan, Professor of Cultural research, collage of LoughboroughThis illuminating booklet, which explores the assumption of subcultures, strains the idea that again to its foundations within the works of Tonnies and Durkheim and, to a lesser measure, Marx and Weber.
Anthropologist-historian James Diego Vigil distills a huge volume of data to supply a perceptive ethnohistorical creation to the Mexican-American event within the usa. He makes use of short, transparent outlines of every level of Mexican-American historical past, charting the tradition switch sequences within the Pre-Columbian, Spanish Colonial, Mexican Independence and Nationalism, and Anglo-American and Mexicanization sessions.
- Minorities and the First World War: From War to Peace
- Hopeful Journeys: German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America, 1717-1775 (Early American Studies)
- Uprising of Hope: Sharing the Zapatista Journey to Alternative Development (Crossroads in Qualitative Inquiry)
- Critical Race Theory Perspectives on the Social Studies (Research in Social Education)
- The Theory of Cultural and Social Selection
- The Concept of Action (New Departures in Anthropology)
Extra resources for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan